Sunday, August 4, 2013

And We're Off!

Well, the school year went off with a bang this year! Miss Kentucky gave an inspirational speech, students were given a trinket such as a necklace or crown, and the teachers performed a flash mob. Wee! I've gotten the first steps of my AR project underway. Fourth graders have taken the Student Engagement Inventory (SEI) and will take the Attitudes Towards Mathematics Inventory (ATMI) tomorrow. They've also taken a math interest inventory indicating the types of projects they would enjoy. Luckily many students are interested in building and flying kites, one of the units I will use during the AR project. Most students have generally positive feelings in relation to engagement and familial support. I will give parents the engagement and achievement survey this week. Students will take the first bi-weekly mathematics probe and graph their results this coming Friday. I'm excited with the student's excitement at being back to school and am dually looking forward to implementing projects to teach the skills. I'm really hopeful for positive results of the impact of PBL on student engagement and achievement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment